Full membership carries voting rights (one member – one vote) and is divided into three categories:
CATEGORY 1 for companies whose primary business is:
Specialist Domestic: Underpinning & subsidence repair techniques and structural works to single storey domestic basements (value less than £300,000) and structural works to single storey domestic retro-fit basements including waterproof works (value less than £300,000)
CATEGORY 2 for companies whose primary business is:
Specialist Domestic: Structural works to all multi-storey retro-fit basements and others with structural element greater than £300,000 in value and Structural works to all multi-storey retro-fit basements and others with structural element greater than £300,000 in value including waterproofing works
CATEGORY 3 for companies whose primary business is :
Installing Engineered Foundation Solutions, in the domestic and light industrial sector, this includes foundation systems with ground beams and or slabs.
Briefly, for Full Membership applicant companies must:
- Have adequate general and technical management expertise and supervisory personnel at each of their places of operation;
- Have experienced labour under the direct supervision and control of the member company;
- Have an acceptable form of records, regularly maintained, of all employees, detailing their training and experience;
- Have a system of quality control acceptable to the Association;
- Operate with due regard to the safety and well-being of employees and the public and have an acceptable safety policy and safety standards;
- Demonstrate that they are continuously engaged in the activities listed above with a two year trading history and a net worth for Category 1 and 3 applicants of £150,000 and for Category 2 applicants of £350,000;
- Be prepared to submit to independent examination with regard to technical, financial, insurance and health and safety capability;
- Have appropriate insurance in place for all the activities undertaken.
This category is for non-contractor companies only who offer a service related to domestic underpinning and subsidence repair techniques and basement construction, or non-contractors who offer consultancy and similar services, for example:
- Material suppliers: cement, steel, waterproofing materials, etc
- Service providers
- Insurers of previously underpinned properties
- Other consultants and institutes
This category of membership does not carry voting rights and applicants must be:
- Trading for at least one year and provide one year’s trading accounts
- Be proposed by an existing ASUC Full Member
*Please note that membership is automatically renewed each year for all categories. You need to provide 4 months’ written notice if you wish to resign from membership.
To receive a MEMBERSHIP PACK click here and leave your contact details. An application pack containing all the necessary information will be emailed to you.
To download a copy of the Membership Criteria and Fees details in full click here