ASUC GUIDELINE DOCUMENTS
- Guidelines to Contracts and Procurement (Dec 2017)
- Guidelines on safe and efficient basement construction directly below or near to existing structures (Revised edition – endorsed by the HSE).
- Guidelines to Safe and Efficient Structural Repairs (Edition Nov 15)
- Guide to CDM 2015 changes for domestic underpinning, structural repair and basement contracts (Edition Mar 15)
- Guidelines on Safe and Efficient Underpinning and Mini Piling Operations (Edition Mar 15)
TECHNICAL GUIDANCE NOTES
- TGN O1: ASUC recommended minimum site investigation for typical domestic 1, 2 and 3 storey buildings
- TGN 02: ASUC recommended minimum standards for underpinning typical domestic 1, 2 and 3 storey buildings Stage 1: Overview of the process
OTHER ASUC DOCUMENTS
- Technical Fact Sheets
- Bulletin: The design and use of certain types of metal mini piles
- Epoxy Resin Grouting as Underpinning – the ASUC opinion on this technique
To obtain any of the above documents go to the DOCUMENT DOWNLOAD AREA and follow the instructions
* Printed copies of documents are available to purchase: CDM 2015 Changes £2 (plus 75p p&p)
Underpinning Guidelines £20 (plus £2.75 p&p) Basement Guidelines £35 (plus £2.75 p&p)
- Clay Research Monthly Newsletters – The Clay Research Group
- Structural Waterproofing Publications – Property Care Association
- Guidance for clients – Temporary Works
- Trees in Hard Landscape – Guidelines for Delivery from Trees & Design Action Group
- Underpinning of Existing Foundations – Local Authority Building Control
- FPS – Restricted Zone Handbook – Federation of Piling Specialists
NHBC – Risks in domestic basement construction.
NHBC’s independent research institution – the NHBC Foundation – was established in January 2006 in partnership with the BRE Trust. Focusing on the new homes industry it facilitates research and development, technology and knowledge sharing, and the capture of industry best practice. For more information on NHBC Foundation see: http://www.nhbcfoundation.org.
BRE – Basement construction and waterproofing
Part 1: Principles of constructing a basement
Part 2: Construction, safety insulation and services. These were also produced under the NHBC Foundation project. This publication is not downloadable but can be purchased from: www.ihsbrepress.com.
UNDERPINNING: A PRACTICAL GUIDE
Bullivant and Bradbury
This book provides a one-stop reference covering most aspects of underpinning for domestic and light industrial buildings. It looks at the causes of foundation failure, the remedial methods available and the steps involved in underpinning. 0 632 04004 1 1996
SUBSIDENCE IN LOW RISE BUILDING
(2nd edition) 2000
Compiled by a multi-disciplinary team of experts, this title provides a practical approach to the subject of subsidence and affected buildings, reflecting current practice. The new edition includes a chapter on trees and their management as these are responsible for over 65% of all instances of subsidence damage to domestic properties on clay subsoil.
Available from Institution of Structural Engineers www.istructe.org.uk
www.brepress.com publishes a range of relevant titles for the construction industry.