ASUC Awards & AGM 2023
ASUC are pleased to announce that the ASUC Awards and Annual General Meeting will be held on Friday 24th November 2023 at the stunning hotel in the heart of London, The Dilly.
The Dilly Hotel, 21 Piccadilly, London W1J 0BH
The Association of Specialist Underpinning Contractors is delighted to be hosting the ASUC Annual General Meeting and Awards Lunch 2023. Join us on Friday 24th November at the impressive Dilly Hotel, London to celebrate ASUC members achievements. The day will commence with a members only AGM followed by a drinks reception and three-course lunch for all guests. Following the lunch, the awards ceremony will commence to acknowledge the success of ASUC members throughout the year.
11:00 AGM (members only)
13:00 Drinks reception
15:30 Guest Speaker Keith Farnan
16:00 Awards Ceremony
17:00 Bar opens
18:00 Event closes
Ground Engineering Basements and Underground Structures conference.
Join GE on 5 October at the GE Basements and Underground Structures conference and get updated on sustainability; climate change adaptation, resilience and risk management; ground improvement; urbanisation; and infrastructure development.
Don’t miss out on our preview rate – book before 29 July and save £150.
The conference will bring together those working on a diverse range of projects, in sectors including infrastructure, commercial and residential, to share best practice, discuss industry challenges and enjoy extensive networking.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to have your pressing questions answered:
- What is the outlook for underground space construction over the next five years?
- What does government planning to fund infrastructure projects look like for the years to come?
- How is technology influencing basement design?
- How can we reduce embedded carbon in our projects?
- What does the future of the main contractor-led model look like, and will specialists continue to lead more basement projects?
- How can we encourage new talent while retaining existing staff in the geotechnical industry?
- How are major projects such as HS2 shaping up?
- What will the next generation of mega basements look like?
- What are the lessons learned from failures and how can we apply those in our projects moving forward?
Will there be more basement construction opportunities outside of London in the medium-term or will a new generation of deep London basements be the main industry
ASUC General Meeting & Networking 29th June 2023
The Association of Specialist Underpinning Contractors is delighted to be hosting the ASUC General Meeting 2023. Join us on Thursday 29th of June at The Oxfordshire Golf Hotel & Spa, Rycote Lane, Thame, OX9 2PU.
16:00 – General Meeting
18:00 – Drinks and networking
19:00 – Dinner
Please email for a booking form or more information
ASUC AGM 24th November 2022
The Association of Specialist Underpinning Contractors is delighted to be hosting the ASUC Annual General Meeting 2022. Join us on Thursday 24th of November at The Union Jack Club, Sandell St, London SE1 8UJ.
10:00am – Morning Refreshments
10:30am – AGM commences
12:00 – Buffet lunch
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a booking form or more information
ASUC Annual General Meeting & Awards Lunch – June 30th 2022
2022’s General Meeting & Awards Lunch took place on Thursday 30th of June at Painters’ Hall, London with guest speaker Jo Caulfield – nominated as ‘The Best Female Stand-Up in the Country’ by Chortle. To read more on this event as well as all our Award Winners – visit this page.
ASUC Meetings Programme 2022
- Executive Meetings:
13 January, 19 May and 15 September
- Summer General Meeting: Thursday 30 June
- AGM, Lunch: Thursday 24 November
For further information on this years meeting program please contact Rob Withers at: email@example.com
For Meetings and Events please contact Lauren Fairley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ASUC General Meeting & Awards Lunch – June 2022
2022’s General Meeting & Awards Lunch will be taking place on Thursday 30th June at Painters’ Hall, London with the incredible guest speaker Jo Caulfield.
- The day will commence with a members-only General Meeting followed by a drinks reception and three-course lunch for all guests.
- Following the lunch, the awards ceremony will commence to acknowledge the success of ASUC members throughout the year.
- Guest Speaker Jo Caulfield will close the event with a brilliant comedy set and will also be presenting the awards.
To read more on this event and for sponsorship opportunities – Visit this page.
INFORMATION AND PRESENTATIONS FROM PREVIOUS EVENTS
ASUC AGM and Lunch 2021
Friday 26 November at Jury’s Inn, Watford.
2021’s Annual General Meeting and Lunch was held on Friday 26th November at Jury’s Inn in Watford. Thank you to all those who came, it was a fantastic turn out. This was the first face-to-face event since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and it was wonderful to see so many members.
- The day commenced with a members only AGM followed by a drinks reception and three-course lunch for all guests.
- Ross King was presented with an engraved Mont Blanc pen as he handed over position of chair to Dominick Gallagher
- Dominick Gallagher presented his goals as chair for 2022 noting he is the first health and safety professional appointed to this role, which is a huge asset to add to the executive board for ASUC
Thanks to Jury’s Inn Watford for hosting the event and a huge thanks to our event planners for making it such a successful one.
SUBSIDENCE FORUM TRAINING DAY 2019
The 2019 Subsidence Forum Training Day was held on Thursday 17 October at Tewin Bury Farm, Welwyn Garden City.
SUBSIDENCE FORUM TRAINING DAY 2018
2018’s Training Day was held on Wednesday 17th October at Tewin Bury Farm, Welwyn, AL6 0JB. The new format of having a rolling programme of practical demonstrations proved very popular with the delegates (despite the rain) and provided a more hands on approach to learning. Demonstrations included:
- Site investigation – trial pit, borehole
- CCTV Drainage survey/investigation
- Arboricultural Inspection
- Piling Types
- Masonry repairs/strengthening