The Aims of ASUC are:
- To promote awareness of the high standard of workmanship and expertise available amongst members of the association;
- To promote professional and technical competence in all works that members undertake
- To promote and maintain amongst members a positive standard of quality control;
- To encourage members to make a positive commitment to training and take all necessary steps to ensure that all operatives and staff receive correct and continuing training in all relevant aspects of their work;
- To ensure that members operate a fair and reasonable pay structure for their employees and do not discriminate unlawfully or improperly in respect of employment;
- To liaise with professional bodies and other organisations to develop, modify and improve techniques and practices;
- To promote and develop understanding and knowledge of the benefit of employing members of the Association.